- Contact Cuba Township Assessor’s Office (847) 381-1120 if you have questions regarding your property.
- Fill out forms. Information needed to properly prepare can be obtained by going to various web sites as follows.
- Board of Review forms page ~ here you can find appeal forms and print them.
- Chief County Assessment Office home page ~ you can enter your PIN# in the Property Information box. This will allow you to review your property characteristics and find comparable properties by PIN#. If only the Address is known, you can use this tool to find the PIN#.
- Look over your property information to make sure it is correct, then you can either “Select comparable properties to determine assessment equity” or “Select comparable properties by recent sales” (remember to choose the same house type code and story height. Also, keep close to age and other amenities).
- After you have reviewed your property characteristics and comparable properties and feel there is still a discrepancy, please contact our office.
- If an adjustment is unable to be made in our office or if you would like to file directly with the Lake County Board of Review (Filing Deadlines are found here), you have the following options;
Print out and mail an appeal form (available from the above web page) with all comparable sheets and evidence to
Lake County Board of Review 18 North County Street 7th Floor Waukegan, IL 60085-4335
You may also file an appeal online here